With the surprise warm weather comes the panic Summer dressing- trying to figure out what will look ok but keep you cool. We’re firm believers in the power of a dress in times like this so we thought we’d bring together our favourite styles, fit for all occasions!
1. The vintage inspired tea dress cropped back up on the high street a few years ago and doesn’t show any signs of going out of fashion! Demure enough for every day wear while still keeping you cool, these feminine styles suit most shapes, skimming any lumps and bumps and pulling you in where you need it most!
2. Every leg phobic’s favourite, the maxi dress keeps you cool and comfortable in the heat while keeping legs covered. This simple black jersey version is perfect for long days that turn into nights- simply add a leather or denim jacket over the top to put on when the sun goes in!
3. A slightly more dressy option, this peplum dress showcases one of Summer’s biggest trends. With a slightly structured finish, this will flatter your figure beautifully and we think it would look equally good paired with a blazer for work or a clutch bag and heels for a Summer night out.
4. Bringing the collar trend into the Summer seasons, fitted shirt dresses are everywhere at the moment. We love the tropical print of this River Island version which is a perfect playful sunny day option, without showing too much flesh!
5. A classic skater skirt should be in every Summer wardrobe. We love the pretty floral print of this and the high neckline which balances out the slightly shorter skirt. Wear it with a cropped denim jacket and sandals for the perfect park outfit!
So what do you think? Which is your favourite ‘throw on and go’ Summer dress? Or are you more of a shorts girl? We want to know!